Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sharmila Tagore :-)



I've always considered Sharmila Tagore to be the Most Beautiful Lady, ever. For me, she is beauty, elegance, grace, gorgeousness personified :-)

I remember that she used to be my musey about 8-10 yrs back .. At that time, I'd catch all her movies on the TV.. from the sizzling Aradhana to the stale Dastaan!

So a few months back i happened to watch Sharmila Tagore's movie - 'Morning Walk' and i realized that i was in awe of her talent, beauty & charm ! And it dawned on me that my latest musey had arrived ! ha ha ha ...
And so have been following Sharmila Tagore last 2-3 months(of course on the net :P ).. Though i have my share of grouses against the media, am grateful to them atleast for this ! She was in the Alps for a unique game of cricket in the snow, between veterans, where the Nawab (of Pataudi - her hubbs) was umpiring. She was travelling all over India to promote her marathi movie - 'Samaantar', she was on the jury of the Cannes! , promoted her english movie 'Life goes on' in Mumbai Film Festival, did the UNICEF work, the Censor Board, etc etc .. phew ! I'm so amazed at her multi-tasking at this age !


And For my brother yogi's wedding last week, i wore a half-bouffant as an ode to my current musey !

I have met (rather seen) Sharmila Tagore once: I look back at that day with both pleasure (obvi for having seen her) and disgust cuz i missed that one golden opportunity to go & talk to her! She had come to our Ashram for the 'International Women's Conferemce' in Feb '09. And gorgeous did she look ! - Resplendant in a cream saree, the warmth with which she greeted Bhanu Ma was so touching!
But her status was not that of "current musey" at that time & the dud that i am, didn't walk up to speak to her ! arghhhh. How i cringe in irritation !

The grace with which she carries herself is inspring. She is the ideal "been there, done that" - with her wild ways & rebellious days past her, she is such a mature & elegant lady/actor today.. I dare say that if the Nawab hasn't watched any of her movies, it is a pity !


Before i let this pass, let me relive my fantasy (or desire of whatever!):
I'd meet Sharmila Tagore on the steps of the holy VM (one of the most beautiful places in the world) and my gaze, filled with such deep respect and the vibes which would be exuding such unconditional love that SHE'd be drawn to me like a magnet, intrigued and fascinated ! She'll ask "do we know each other" and the rest, as they say, would be, 'history - of unconditional musey love!' :-)

LOL ! i am so pleased with my own writing !

1 comment:

  1. Geez, I'd probably just stand and gawk at her. SO elegant!

    ReplyDelete